2020 Opening Information Letter
Dear Roslyn Families,
We hope you are all healthy, safe, and looking forward to the arrival of summer! Thank you for your patience while waiting to hear the decision regarding Roslyn Swim Club opening for Summer 2020. The board met last week to discuss opening procedures and how we can best serve our members while maintaining safety.
We have good news- the club has a planned opening date of June 11, 2020!
The board has met, discussed and revisited what we believe to be the best way to keep everyone safe, while still keeping it fun for all, and abiding by the guidelines. Needless to say, this season is unlike any other and there are many challenges for the Club involving pool use. We are following the advice and recommendations of the PA Parks and Recreation Society, the CDC, and the Chester County Health Department, along with the Governor’s orders for those in the “yellow” phase.
In keeping with the state-mandated guidelines for the “yellow phase” effective 6/5/2020, we came up with several scenarios regarding daily membership numbers and allowances, and to allow social distancing. We, the Board, feel that we are one big RSC family and can all work together to make this system work. Hopefully we will enter the “green” phase within the next few weeks and we can ease many of the restrictions. We will be evaluating these guidelines on a weekly basis and will adjust as we feel necessary.
The RSC Board came up with the following:
● Per the guidelines, we are allowed 150 members and staff in the pool area at one time.
● Beginning June 11, pool hours will be 10am-8pm daily in order to accommodate more families with more available open swim times. We are hoping this helps with crowd control, and gives more flexibility to those with young children and our older members. Depending on how the summer progresses, hours may revert back to 12-8 daily.
● The staff will be closely watching daily numbers and may ask those who have been at the Club for an extended time to leave in order to allow other members to enter. There may be times when you arrive and need to wait until some members have left before entering. Please understand this is for ALL of our health and safety and hopefully we will enter the “green” phase of the plan soon and be permitted higher numbers. Please be cognizant and considerate of fellow members and consider voluntarily leaving prior to reaching our capacity of 150 people.
● Masks must be worn upon entry and exiting the club, but may be taken off to swim, as well as sitting, as long as 6 feet social distancing is being followed.
● No eating on pool property. No grills will be used. Water and Sports drinks permitted.
● Please bring your own chair and take it with you at the end of each day. No picnic tables, patio tables or lounge chairs will be provided by RSC. This may change as the season progresses.
● No lost and found. Any items remaining at the end of the day will be thrown away.
● No partial refunds for 2020. While the Club is opening later than usual this year, only 7 days were missed. There is also an increase in costs for PPE for staff and cleaning supplies, as well as additional staff required for extended hours.
● Bathrooms will close for cleaning every two hours: 12pm, 2 pm, 4 pm, 6pm and 8pm. Bathroom rules will be posted.
● No guests.
● No parties or social events that draw crowds.
● The lifeguards will oversee social distancing in the water. Staff will make adjustments to the number of people in the water if necessary.
● All members are mandated to notify the swim club if anyone in their family has been diagnosed or testing positive for Covid-19. Additionally, you may be asked upon entry if you have any symptoms or have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with Covid 19.
● Members must wear PPE when interacting with staff and when entering and exiting the club.
● No sharing of personal items or equipment
● No games of soccer etc, on club grounds.
● Deep end games and tag games are not permitted.
● Staff will be provided a tented shade area. No one will be permitted to sit at this table unless they are staff.
● Families will have access to a basic medical kit for minor injuries. Staff will supervise as necessary.
● We are hoping to have 1-2 lanes for lap swimming, provided social distancing can occur.
Of course, if you are not comfortable visiting RSC this summer, we completely respect your decision and are happy to provide a refund or credit towards 2020, minus your $25 hold fee. Please inform us if your decision by 6/14/2020-absolutely no refunds will be honored after that date. Please email Jim Dewitt for refund information. Due to the cancellation of the summer 2020 SCCSL league, any Swim Team refunds will be issued as well at a later date. Please be patient as the board has many issues to deal with to keep Roslyn running smoothly. Additionally, if you have not paid your dues in full and plan to return for Summer 2020, please pay ASAP so that our membership lists can be updated prior to opening day.
Please be aware that these attached guidelines are a starting point and may be modified depending on attendance numbers, and/or changes from CDC/Health Department/Governor. The plan may change as the pandemic evolves, and reopening continues. These guidelines are constantly changing, and due to that, so may our club rules. There may be additional rules and guidelines put in place as the opening progresses, but keep in mind the safety and health of our members is of the utmost importance. Please send any questions regarding opening to Stefanie Heron Birl at email@example.com.
We are looking forward to seeing you all again this summer!
The Roslyn Swim Club Board of Directors