2020 Pool Rules
Roslyn Swim Club- Pool Policies
The Pool Policies are updated to reflect 2020 COVID-19 Pandemic Restrictions
Lifeguards are authorized by the Board of Directors to maintain safe operations of the facilities, and to deny pool privileges as necessary to maintain discipline. In the event of a dispute, the judgment of the lifeguard will prevail, pending review by the pool managers and Board of Directors.
Use of the wading pool is limited to young, non-swimming children. All children in the wading pool MUST be supervised at all times.
Do not dive in restricted diving areas. Feet first entry in all pool areas with the exception of the deep end area. Pool depth and no diving areas are clearly marked around the perimeter of the pool.
All persons using the deep end area must be able to swim to the ladder or clear the deep end area unassisted.
The deep end area must be entered by the slide only, except when the deep end area is closed by a pool staff member. Only one person is permitted to use the slide at a time.
Do not use the slide until the previous individual has cleared the area below and reached the deep end area ladder.
The wide steps in the shallow end of the pool are for entry and exit of the pool only. The steps should not serve as a play area as this interferes with appropriate distancing policies.
Lifeguards or management will declare a periodic adult swim, or specify only certain groups may be in the water, to help with crowd control in the pool.
Swimmers entering the pool must be clean.
Individuals entering the pool must be COVID symptom free. This means no persistent cough, no fever, or cold like symptoms. If you are feeling sick do not come to the pool!
Activities that interfere with the use of the pool by others are not permitted. This includes, but is not limited to, the throwing of objects, excessive splashing, and floatation devices.
Floatation devices shall not be permitted in the pool. This decision shall be entirely at the discretion of the pool staff and will be evaluated in conjunction with PA recommendations.
Non-swimming children requiring the aid of floatation devices shall not be permitted in the large pool UNLESS SUPERVISED CLOSELY BY AN ADULT.
Use of the pool is permitted only when lifeguards are on duty.
Lifeguards may “bench” or evict anyone from the pool when, in the opinion of the guards, they are annoying others or are endangering themselves or others. The first benching may be for up to thirty minutes. The second benching may result in eviction from the club for the day.
Repeat offenders and their families will receive a warning that the suspension of membership privileges will follow if the situation is not remedied.
There will be no swimming during inclement weather or when there is threat of a storm. The lifeguard will declare that there is threat of a storm if thunder, lightning, or high winds are observed. Activities may not resume until the pool staff so designates.
Pool personnel will reserve the right to ask members to vacate the pool property or wait in their vehicles if there is threat of inclement weather.
All members, with the exception of personnel and board members, are expected to stay outside the pump house area for safety reasons.
All injuries, no matter how minor, suffered anywhere on club property, must be reported immediately to a lifeguard on duty
Staff and the Board of Directors will not be responsible for children entering the stream and woods surrounding the pool area. Please discuss with your children the risks associated with entering those areas and supervise accordingly. It is also recommended that young children be supervised on the basketball court in the parking lot area.
1. Each family or person must sign or check in at the front gate when entering the pool area.
2. No Guests are permitted, per PA Parks and Recreation policies for beginning the season.
3. If, and when, the guest policy changes the cost for guests is $5.00 per day, per person. Children under the age of three and non-swimming grandparents will not be charged a guest fee.
4. No pool parties, or activities which could create large gatherings are permitted.
5. If, and when, the policy changes for pool gatherings or parties, the Board of Directors and Management reserve the right to limit the number of pool parties, the number of guests, and the time of day they occur. The fee for pool parties will be determined by the number of guests invited and the staffing needs of the pool based on the number of guests.
A) The staff may cancel or postpone any pool party due to inclement weather- even if the pool party is in session.
B) The pavilion is only to be used for a short period of time during inclement weather to aide in gathering belongings prior to vacating the pool premises. The pavilion will not serve as a safety shelter during storms.
C) The pool property may not be rented for private social events.
5. Members and their guests are responsible for picking up their trash and litter. Please use the trash cans provided.
6. All young children must be supervised by an adult when using the bathroom facilities. As we begin the season, only one individual or one family unit are permitted to enter the bathroom. When the door is closed, it will mean the bathroom is in use. No long showers are permitted. Use the shower to rinse off only.
7. Children who are not toilet trained must wear tight rubber pants (swim diapers) in the water. Staff will reserve the right to permit entry into the pool of a child who is not toilet trained. Children who are not toilet trained may not enter the big pool.
8. Non-swimmers under the age of twelve and all children under the age of nine must be accompanied at the club at all times by a responsible person at least fourteen years of age. The liability coverage of the pool is not designed to provide coverage as a day care center.
9. Food is only permitted for personal use only or within the family unit. Sharing of food is not permitted. Food deliveries are not permitted. Only personal water bottles or sports drinks are permitted. When using the water fountain, use the bottle or cup filler only.
10. Food and beverages may only be consumed in the picnic area, grassy areas, or pavilion. There will be no eating or drinking beverages on the pool deck or next to the pools.
11. GLASS BOTTLES, OF ANY KIND, ARE NOT PERMITTED AT THE POOL.
12. Use of alcoholic beverages is not permitted during swim meets or other scheduled youth activities. Pool management or a member of the Board of Directors may restrict use of alcoholic beverages if they are engaging in unsafe actions or if their actions are deemed a nuisance to others. Alcoholic beverages may not be sold or stored on swim club property.
Adult members are responsible for making their children or guests (when permitted) familiar with the club rules and the risks involved with breaking them.
The club is not responsible for loss or damage to personal property. Members are reminded to close and lock their vehicles.
Please continue to help keep the club safe, clean, and enjoyable for all.
Roslyn Swim Club Board of Directors